It gives us great pride and pleasure in unveiling our very own newsletter - "Joomla Moments: Your weekly dose of Discounts and Events". With Joomla Moments, we will bring you the most happening and talked about stuff about your favorite CMS, 'Joomla' all on one plate! So dig out those calendars and mark the Tuesdays of each month because from now on, your Tuesdays will be more Terrific, Thrilling and Tremendous thanks to "Joomla Moments : Your weekly dose of Discounts and Events" !
Xpert PHP Editorial Team
Temse, Belgium is going to be host to a User Group Meeting for Joomla enthusiasts on the 25th of May this week. So if you're a Joomla Enthusiast in or around Temse, don't miss it!
Date: Sat. 25 May, 2013 2:30 am - 5:30 am (Sat. 25 May, 2013 9:30 am - 12:30 pm CEST)
Location: CVO Temse
Venue: JUG Vlaanderen, Schoolstraat 17, Temse
Organizer's Name: Luc Van Geyte
You can log on to http://www.jugvlaanderen.be/ for more details!
The first meet of the Joomla User Group in Algiers is all set to take place this Saturday the 25th. So if you are going to be in or around Algiers and are on their User Group, you might as well join!
Date: Sat. 25 May, 2013 8:00 am - Sun. 26 May, 2013 12:00 pm (Sat. 25 May, 2013 2:00 pm - Sun. 26 May, 2013 6:00 pm CET)
Location: Place Audin Alger
Venue: A La Bonne Heure Café, Place Audin, Algiers, Algeria
Organizer's Name: Djamel Kherbi
Log on to http://events.joomla.org/all-events/22-user-group-meetings/1007-joomla-user-group-algiers-first-meeting.html for more details.
This discount applies to everyone shopping for JoomShopping Extensions from the Smart Addons website. You don't have to fill in any coupon codes - the system automatically calculates a 10% discount when you buy.
Joomla Shack has a cool spring sale on with products available at 1/4th their price with the 25% discount!!! Get all types of solutions to your Joomla needs, visit and shop today! Hurry, offer valid only till 25th May!
EXTENSION OF THE WEEK
The PHP Anti- Hacker Suite by Open Source Excellence combines the functions of Open-Source Excellence Anti-hacker and Open-Source Excellence Virus Scanner and offers the maximal protection. If you want to keep your website safe from virus, malware and everything that jeopardizes its security, the PHP Anti-Hacker Suite is for you!
Why is it for you?
- After you buy the software, you can use it FOREVER (INDEFINITELY)
- You can download all upgrades within 1 year.
- You can receive support within 1 year. And much more! Click here to read more.
The Sobipro Radius Search app lets you add a field into the native SobiPro search form to be able to add both centerpoint and radius distance criteria to the search function.
In order to work, Sobipro Radius Search app needs geocoded entries (entries with latitude and longitude).
For this you can use SP club geo field, or Geocode Factory or other... Some of its features include.
Tags allow you to create lists, blogs, or other layouts that combine articles with other content types any way you’d like. Not only that, but you can dynamically create the tags from the content, without having to navigate to the Tags component, thus bringing you both power and simplicity.
Major Features include:
- Customizable Access Control
- User Friendly Interface
- Streamlined 30 Second Install
- One-click upgrades with backward compatibility, so that your site continues working seamlessly.
- Built-in multilingual capabilities.
- Thousands of extensions
- For developers, the Joomla User Interface (JUI) library gives you a standardized backend & frontend interface. LESS CSS and jQuery means you can write less code and the Icomoon font icon library provides a wealth of retina-optimized icons.
- And plethora of other easy-to-use minor features
Web services are foundational technologies which lie at the heart of content management. For Joomla websites to rein the world of distributed hypermedia content, a comprehensive standardized, hypermedia based REST API is needed to be constructed.
- Hypothetically that sounds good, but when it comes to implementing it, what possibilities could open?
- It will be much easier to create client code that accesses data in the CMS and which manipulates that data.
- Services can be hierarchical so you can create new services by combining other services to provide new behaviors.
- It will be straightforward to offer users access to your content using a modern hypermedia-based API with only minimal coding.
- You'll be able to deliver a fee-based API solution to your users if you want to.
- Third-party developers will be able to add hypermedia-based web services to their extensions which will blend seamlessly with other web services available from the same site.
- Third-party developers will also be able to create new installable services; a whole new class of extension with consequent new sales opportunities.
- Increased opportunities for inter-system communication; breaking down information silos; bringing the world a step closer to point-and-click EDI (Electronic Data Interchange).
To read more about this project click here.